WHAT IS IT Build your very own looping sound recording device.
THE STORY Brandnewnoise is all about curiosity; It’s at the heart of who we are and what we do. So what better way to kill the curiosity of “how it works” than to build your very own looping recording device. Rather than require you to have read the U.S. Navy handbook on electronics or having soldering skills of an electronics wizard, we put together a kit that makes it’s easy and fun. All you need is a touch of the adventurous spirit, a hot glue gun, hot glue, and a screw driver.
8+ year-olds who think beyond the computer screen
DIY friend who has almost everything
teen destined to be the next Jim Henson or Steve Jobs
The person who says “I can do that”
HOW IT WORKS
When all said and done and built this kit is a recorder device with turntable design for eyes, a shiny silver knob for pitch control, and a fancy looping switch. The kit comes with a wood housing pre-drilled for components, a PCB (printed circuit board), all components that easily attach to the PCB by plugging in, and 2 x AAA batteries.
NOT INCLUDED: Hot glue gun, hot glue, and a screw driver.
Detailed assembly instructions are found at http://brandnewnoise.com/diy.html
1. Hold the Red record button and talk into the microphone on the side.
2. Toggle the switch to the right, you can playback your recording one time.
3. Switch to the left for continuous play.
4. Press the Black playback/stop button to hear your recording.
5. Go ballistic turning the pitch shift knob for sounds you thought Jimi Hendrix on helium could make. Don’t turn the knob past the resistance points though.
6. Beware musician friends in the area, as they will be jealous when you tell them, “I MADE THIS THING, MAN!”
Dimensions: 3” x 3.5” x 2”
2-AAA batteries included
30-second record sample
Handmade with sustainable wood